Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Terrific Tuesday


Today was like any other day. Started off at the same time, ended about the same time. It's amazing how it feels like the work week should be halfway over, when in reality tomorrow is only hump day.

Started off by going to a police training session at the police department. They used a laser gun and really big video screen to play scenarios for the officers to run through. It was really dark so they could easily see the screen, and even though my Gain was on Full and Iris completely open, the video still turned out dark. I would gotten some good photos had this not been the case. We boosted the video back at the station, and all is well.

Next was a 2:30 Awards Press Conference. (The Picture Above). Eight local winners of the Jefferson Awards were announced. It's an award for outstanding volunteer effort to enhance the community. I was pleased with the list. Most of these people put in a lot of time and effort to help better our area, and it's great that they are recognized

Next it was time to put in some extra hours. It's Girl's High School Basketball tournament time, and with game being played at nuetral sites, that means some travel is involved. For the most part it's not too bad, but one of the few girls teams we had left was playing tonight in Ontario, Ohio...just outside of Mansfield.

That's what was thought to be a two hour drive for us. No one on nightside was available to shoot it, since most of them have to be back by the beginning of the newscast for prep work. Working days I realized this would be my chance to help out the sports department, and get away for a little bit. So I volunteered. I had just planned on making it back for the 11, not the 10, but somehow after getting lost on the way there I managed to get my highlites and get out, just making it back at 10:01. Put a few plays down on tape, wrote up a quick shot sheet, and Presto! They made the 10 and 11. Sometimes it's worth the extra effort I think to show people you do care. Maybe sports can scratch my back sometime in the near future, who knows.

On a sad note the local team lost 38-36 on two foul shots late in the game. Congrats to them on a fine season and tournament run. I have a feeling they'll be back there again this time next year.

Well that's all for now. Until Next Time, So Long!

No comments: