Thursday, March 09, 2006

Horses And Some Personal Hygiene

Today started off like any other Thursday - me fighting myself to get out of bed on only 2.5 hours of sleep. Since I had band practice the night before, it makes it a lot harder to get into the swing of things the next day.

After arriving at work I noticed the coffee mug I had taken from the break room cabinet had some writing on it.

"I'm appreciated."

This made me smile, so I took a picture of it. If you've read the previous post about yesterday you'd know why. It's just a silly little thing about praise, then I draw this mug. Irony?!?!?

It was time for my first assignment of the day. Time to head to a small Ohio farm town and talk with a husband and wife who just returned from a five-year term as missonaries in Brazil. The husband is an aircraft mechanic and he helps a local flying agency by fixing their planes. The agency then in turn uses those planes to deliver medical supplies to the vast reaching villages throughout Brazil. An interesting story indeed. And the video turned out to me more available than I initially thought it would be.

While driving around this small town after our story my reporter noticed a statue of a horse outside a gas station. Quite the interesting little thing. I decided I would try and talk to him, however the horse was speechless. I guess he didn't have much to say.




After work I decided to repay my "Super Bowl Debt" to my reporter and go get the manicure I promised if the Seattle Seahawks didn't win the game. Felt kind of outnumbered as I was not only the only guy there, but apparently the only guy they've had come in for a manicure in a long time. My nails do seem much more comfortable now, and it's quite relaxing. Wasn't too expensive either, since it was covered by our monthly allowance.

My reporter wants me to get a pedicure next, we'll have to see what time and the future holds.

1 comment:

natedawg6202 said...

Hey I really liked your blog....... I have been working in small market tv as well, and eventually I wan't to move on to a bigger market as well