Wednesday, March 22, 2006

After A Brief Hiatus

After a brief hiatus I have returned. I don't know if I'm much wiser than when I left, but at least I can say I'm back. Things with work just caught up to me, and I didn't have time to get batteries for the camera, so my adventures went un-blogged.

It's a shame really. I do enjoy doing this. I don't know if anyone out there is reading, but at least it's something I can look at and see what I was doing and thinking on a particular day. It may not get as many reads as other Photog Blogs out there, Viewfinder BLUES being one, but I can't say I'm doing it for the reads. If you read it, I'm proud. If not, no biggie.

So let's start off talking about my adventure today. I had a 10:30am with the Mayor following him around as he helped Meals On Wheels deliver food to those who can't cook it for themselves. We went to a residency inn for the elderly. It was good publicity for him, and it was nice to see the look on the peoples faces. I think they were expecting their regular "joe" to arrive with the food, only to see the Mayor with meal-in-hand on their front stoop. We were the only media to cover it, and I think that it's a good thing.

After that had about an hour to kill so my reporter and I sat down to a nice subway lunch. It's not too often one actually gets to sit down like a normal person and grab a bite to eat, so we took advantage of the situation. It was enjoyable. I found myself staring at the walls of subway reading the maps of the tunnels on the wall. At one point my colleague caught me staring and asked what was wrong. Sometimes I get this look on my face like I'm deep in thought. I was to be honest. I was dreaming of NYC. How I'd like to visit there sometime. Perhaps that will be a vacation I shall take someday.

Then it was off to a Middle School that was awarded one of the ten best schools in the state. The kids actually seemed to care at the little pep rally that was held. I figured I'd see kids sleeping, bored, or just talking amongst themselves, but they actually seemed to give a darn. I can't say I would have done the same back in my middle school days. I guess that's what made these kids so special. That's why they were being rewarded. Either that, or they just really wanted out of class. I'm going with the former rather than latter.




No comments: