Monday, June 23, 2008

Gone But Not Forgotten

As many of you are probably aware, at least the avid readers of this blog, I have been spending the last few days on special assignment for work in Iowa City, Iowa. In case you've been living under a rock, the Iowa River flooded two weeks ago, forcing many people out of thier homes and ruining several lives.

Being out here has been eye-opening to say the least. The work out here isn't easy, and it's far from over. The resolve of the residents to help one another and get back to normalcy as fast as possible is one that should be heralded across the nation. Iowans are tough people.

In the next couple of days, I will be out here working 13 hour days, attempting to bring some of the best coverage the area has seen. I will also have my digital camera with me, hoping to catch images that will help me remember this historic event, as well as help you see what these people are going through, and the general quality of life out here right now.

I've posted a few pictures below, feel free to look at them. I'll be bringing more as the days move on.

I may be gone from home, but the Iowa Floods of 2008 are not forgotten.

'

DSC_0191

DSC_0160

DSC_0156
Clicking on any of the images above will bring up a better view of the picture. It will also allow you to check out several of my other images I've taken.

No comments: