Monday, June 11, 2007

One Too Many Entries, One Final Result

So, I haven't been writing that much. Not to worry, just been a little busy with things around the apartment and such.

award2


After six years I finally get some recognition, albeit a second place one. The 2007 Ohio AP Broadcast Awards luncheon was yesterday, and today I was surprised to find an award on my desk. After several entries into the contest I'd all but given up on the idea of winning an award.

Winning an award doesn't make me feel better than anyone else. I can understand the other winners and why, it's just some icing on the cake. It's nice to hear "Good Job!" every once in awhile, and that's something that is sometimes forgotten in this business. I'm happy. Still thinking about my place in the world and where I want to go next, but I'm glad I've made it this far.

As one dear friend in the business once said, "You're only as good as your last story." If the story I won an award for was my last story I ever did on this earth, I would be happy.


It's good to see other people in the business agree.

No comments: